Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do you know where your children are right now?

Source of this topic: http://www.kval.com/news/local/17683334.html

Boy survives a butter knife in the head

VANCOUVER, Wash. - An altercation in a Vancouver park left an 11-year-old boy with a butter knife in his head.

Tyler Hemmert is a little sore but will be just fine even though the butter knife went four or five inches into his scalp.

Hemmert said he was playing at a park on Sunday when a boy with a butter knife got angry and threw it at him. A buddy ducked to avoid the flying butter knife, which then went straight at
Hemmert, lodging in the right side of his head.

Instead of pulling the knife out, Hemmert ran through the park, asked a neighbor for help and took an ambulance ride to the hospital.

"I just reached up, I didn't know it went in," he said. "I touched it and then I looked over and I could see the handle right there. I just kind of panicked at the time."

At the hospital, Hemmert ended up with five stitches. He said it hurts to chew his food but he is proud of himself for staying calm.

As for the boy who he said threw the butter knife, police let him go home with his mother. A juvenile prosecutor will decide whether the boy should be charged with a crime.

Source of this topic: http://www.kval.com/news/local/17683334.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Peace and Love to you dear family. My name is Brother Marcus and welcome to The Knowledge Cafe. I am so honored that you have chosen to visit this blog and share your opinions with us. I have been blessed to work with thousands of youth and adults over the last fifteen years and I have decided to open this blog up to everyone who would like to enlighten folks with knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Please feel free to post your comments on whatever topic you may desire.