Saturday, May 3, 2008

The ignorance continues - "Lollipop" Starring Lil Wayne

Source of this Topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

Marcus comments: "I'm not downing rap music and hip hop culture. I grew up listening to it and have watched the enemy hi-jack the music and turn it into what it is today. Now, I simply wish to expose it to as many people, particulary parents who are oblivious to the kinds of messages that are being introduced to their wonderful children through mp3 players, cd players, cable and internet. You have to ask yourself, "What is coming into my child's heart and mind as they ingest this kind of music? And even more importantly is what will be coming out of my child's mouth tomorrow if they continue to listen to this kind of music. For it is not what goes into a man or woman that defiles them, it's what comes out of them. Lil Wayne is one of the hottest rappers out there today and our children love him. He is on I would say at least 60 percent of the new music that's out there. You need to pay attention to him. I hope that you are not so naive as an adult that you think that they are actually referring to an actual lollipop. Remember the great master teacher, Jesus, shared with us, "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he and so is she."

What effect does this kind of song and music video have on the behavior of a high schooler, a middle schooler, or an elementary school student or even a pre school student? It doesn't matter whether the listener is male or female. All I know is that I work within school systems throughout America and I see the devastating effects that these songs are having on our young people. These songs are corrupting the hearts and minds of our youth culture making them falsely believe that they don't have to do something to have something. Many young men and women are so caught up in hip hop culture and what it has come to represent that they don't desire to do anything or be anything of any real value."


What's your opinion, we'd like to know...

Source of this Topic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740d8sTpM7U

No comments:

Peace and Love to you dear family. My name is Brother Marcus and welcome to The Knowledge Cafe. I am so honored that you have chosen to visit this blog and share your opinions with us. I have been blessed to work with thousands of youth and adults over the last fifteen years and I have decided to open this blog up to everyone who would like to enlighten folks with knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Please feel free to post your comments on whatever topic you may desire.